UNIQUE TOOLS AND EXTREME PERFORMANCE IN COLORFRONT 2016 PRODUCT SHOWCASE
Colorfront previews the latest UHD HDR technologies in the up-and-coming versions of its dailies and transcoding products during IBC 2015
Budapest, Hungary, Sept 10, 2015 – Colorfront (www.colorfront.com),
the Academy and Emmy Award-winning developer of high-performance, on-set dailies and transcoding systems for motion pictures, high-end episodic TV and commercials, will preview the trailblazing capabilities of the 2016 versions of its dailies and transcoding products to support a huge variety of Ultra High Definition (UHD), High Dynamic Range (HDR) workflows during special preview sessions at IBC 2015, Amsterdam, 11-15 Sept.
Colorfront has always developed products in response to customer need and, with its forthcoming Transkoder 2016 and On-Set Dailies 2016 systems, is once again pushing back performance boundaries with a multitude of unique innovations that meet industry demand for faster, more flexible processing of the latest UHD HDR camera, color, editorial and deliverables formats for digital cinema, high-end episodic TV and internet entertainment channels.
Key themes and brand-new, industry-leading capabilities for the 2016 versions of Transkoder, Colofront’s standalone, high-performance, file-conversion and mastering system, and its renowned On-Set Dailies, include:
High-Dynamic Range (HDR) workflows and processing:
- All Colorfront products already support HDR workflows, and the 2016 versions of Transkoder and On-Set Dailies further improve productivity, with additional toolsets and support for the latest formats – combining to deliver the ultimate in end-to-end HDR workflow performance.
- Colorfront Transkoder and On-Set Dailies both feature Colorfront Engine, the state-of-the-art, ACES-compliant, HDR-managed color pipeline, which enables creative on-set look creation and ensures the color fidelity of UHD HDR materials and metadata though the entire camera-to-post chain. Colorfront Engine supports the full dynamic range and color gamuts of the very latest digital camera formats and mapping into industry-standard deliverables, including Rec2020, PQ-curve, as well as wide variety of brightness, contrast, and color ranges that feature in current display devices.
- Brand new in Transkoder 2016’s cutting-edge UHD toolset are unique tools to concurrently color grade HDR and SDR UHD versions, cutting down the time and cost of delivering multiple masters at once.
- An industry-first, demonstrating the extreme performance of Colorfront systems, will see Transkoder 2016 outputting concurrent, real-time grades on both HDR and SDR UHD materials to dual Sony OLED BVM-X300 broadcast monitors, allowing for concurrent display and HDR/SDR trimming and review.
- The mastering toolset for Transkoder 2016 is enhanced with new statistical analysis tools for immediate HDR data graphing. Highlights include MaxCLL and MaxFALL calculations, as well as HDR mastering tools with tone and gamut mapping for a variety of target color spaces, including: Rec2020, P3D65, and XYZ, with gamma-based, PQ curve, and AS-11 support. Precision mapping tools for various brightness levels, surroundings, in target color standards are also supported, while maintaining the maximum image integrity and quality for which Colorfront systems are recognized.
Advanced dailies toolsets:
- Colorfront continues to lead industry innovation by providing the best possible toolsets to process dailies for motion pictures and TV shows. Enhancements include support for the very latest camera formats, including full Panasonic Varicam35 VRAW, AVC Intra 444, 422 and LT support, Canon EOS C300 Mark II with new Canon Log2 Gamma, ARRI Alexa 65 and Alexa SXT, Sony XAVC and the associated image metadata from all of these.
- Debuting at IBC in On-Set Dailies 2016 is the new Multi-view Dailies capability, which allows concurrent, real-time playback and color-grading of all cameras and camera views, providing the dailies colorist with the fastest way to review and match all cameras at the same time.
- The IBC preview of On-Set Dailies and Express Dailies 2016 includes the latest Colorfront Engine managed color pipeline, with full HDR support both on displays during work, as well as dailies deliveries.
Support for the latest standards/deliverables:
The Transkoder 2016 preview includes the latest HDR delivery formats for internet entertainment channels including Amazon and Netflix, plus support for Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos and Dolby Cinema, enhanced DCI-mastering with 2K, 4K, 3D and High Frame Rates, extreme-performance Interop to SMPTE transwrapping, robust closed-caption and subtitle language support, and invisible, forensic watermarking from Civolution NexGuard. Transkoder 2016 also outputs UHD ProRes, H264 and HEVC deliverables with HDR signaling and automatic statistical metadata calculations, such as MaxCLL and MaxFALL.
As heavy OSD users for years we know first hand how powerful and easy to use the Colorfront Engine is. Transkoder adds flexible timeline editing and advanced mastering options to that. Being able to use all that power and flexibility for SMPTE/Atmos DCP creation is great!
Thomas Ramin, CTO of Cinepostproduction, Berlin
Colorfront is showing Transkoder 2016 and On-Set Dailies in private demos at the Okura Hotel during IBC 2015.
About Colorfront: Colorfront, based in Budapest, Hungary, is one of Europe's leading DI and post production facilities. The company was founded by brothers Mark and Aron Jaszberenyi, who together played a pivotal role in the emergence of non-linear DI. The company's R&D team earned an Academy Award for the development of Lustre, Autodesk's DI grading system, and a Primetime Engineering Emmy for the Colofront On-Set Dailies. Combining this in-depth expertise with a pedigree in the development of additional cutting-edge software, Colorfront offers today's most advanced technologies for scanning and recording, DI grading, conforming, digital dailies, VFX, online and offline editing, cinema sound mixing, mastering and deliverables. For further information please visit www.colorfront.com.
T: +36 1 880 3900
M +36 30 311 1792